R.E.Ð.E.M.P.†.I.Ø.N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.E.Ð.E.M.P.†.I.Ø.N

Forum for our Nostale family, REÐEMP†IØN

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maple Story

Go down 
+5
*Tio*
MoMo
Enafa
Arithalon
Xriadne
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Recently Arith and I have been playing Maple Story again to kill time. Though despite it's bad wrap it's not that bad of a game since you can solo your way through it and do not need to depend on anyone. Mages actually have a mana shield!!!!?? (One that works the way it's supposed to! ) Not to mention the element system is not out whack like Nostales' is. So if you make a ice mage/ fire mage/ or cleric you won't regret it later on nor will they become obsolete.

We do not intend to go back to Nos. Sorry but Nos has nothing to offer us. At least Maple Story has so many quests that can keep you busy, and you do not have to worry so much about solely grinding. Additionally, there are party quests, (which are optional) depending on the level range of your character; if complete are a large exp booster. As for anyone's complaint for MS's 2D graphics, that's not really a problem. Consider it as you playing a SNES or GBA game, and graphically it is no where near as demanding as Nos. So it won't give your CPU as seizure if you play it.

If we had you guys playing with us, we could do a lot, and leveling would be a breeze for you all. So what I ask is, for everyone to at least try it and give it a chance, before snubbing it off and saying no. You guys have asked us many times to come to Nos, but what would be the point, honestly? There really is NOTHING to do besides chatting, and that we can do through yahoo messenger. ACT 4 is not going to be a big deal. Wow another town, but it will have humans instead of dogs and cats, big whoop. There should have added it a long time ago. Nos has little to no creatively when it comes to exploration of the game, character customization, and quests. One would think that our characters on Nostale would smell like crap for having to wear the SAME outfit for 30-40 levels at a time. (Remember you don't get your first outfit change until lvl 42. >_> )

Maple Story Xorange
Xriadne. Lvl 60. Lightning/Ice She's not currently wearing those EQs now, that's an old picture. =3

Maple Story Achyls
Achyls Lvl 41. Archer That picture of her was when she was in her 20's. x)

Maple Story Syt
Sythrene Lvl 38. Cleric

I also have a Lvl 33 Page and a lvl 10 Assassin, who will eventually be a bandit. ^^
Back to top Go down
Arithalon
Forum God
Forum God
Arithalon

Male
Number of posts : 181

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:27 am

It's true, we aren't returning to NosTale. There really isn't anything to do on it any more except just sit there and talk all day. Things like Land of Death are totally pointless on a game like that, especially with the players you would need to make something like that worth doing. And besides, what is there to offer from NosTale overall? A new Time Space every level? Wow let's spend a week trying to level up so we can spend 5 minutes reading terribly translated dialogue in a badly designed challenge that usually lags your computer to the point of crashing. I know it's crude, but hey it's the truth, no?

If at least a few of you came to MapleStory, it would be really easy to level you all up. There are party quests (More like instance runs if you've played WoW) that can level you up really quickly, granted the group works well together. And these exist all the way up to level 70+. Of course it would take some time to level, but trust me it would go a LOT faster if you work together on a game like that. Not to mention it would be a bit more interesting than spending hours trying to kill monsters that usually kick your ass because you didn't pay enough money to their crappy cash shop to improve your characters unnecessarily worthless stat system that NosTale forces you to have.
Back to top Go down
http://nostaleredemption.heavenforum.com
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 am

Even if you guys don't join us on Maple it's not like we haven't made the effort to continue to play with you guys, even if it meant starting anew on a different game. We suggested Trickster which easily topples NosTale, but no one really wanted to give it a try, and actually take the time to learn how to play. Those who did try it for a day, complained it was hard to understand.

Though what Arith and I are really wondering is how is that 90% of you wanted to quit NosTale because it was "boring" "too hard to level", and you're still playing? When we suggest this game or that, everyone's response is "eh...I don't like it". Well we can say the same. We don't like NosTale . Quite frankly, it sucks and I know most of you know it, but probably just don't want to admit to it for whatever X reasons.

When we get the money Arith and I are getting possibly new video cards, or I'm just going to get a new cpu. When that happens we're going to play Guild Wars. If anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome to come along. The only thing you need to do is purchase the game, and it's free to play online from that day forth.

As a side note, even if we did come back things would not be the same. Arith and I would be too weary to lead family, and lets be honest here, half of the people in the family were only in it for the LoD sessions anyway or to just simply be in a family for the sake of being in one. There were only a select few that cared, and everyone else didn't give a shit or were to oblivious to understand.
Back to top Go down
Enafa
Forum Knight
Forum Knight
Enafa

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Seriosuly, I am thinking about joining yall on MS, but once yall go to guild wars (Whatever its called) I wont be able to tag along, I just dont got the money to purchase games anymore.. also when I do start MS, I might be like I am on nos now, not playing at all, till the week ends, due to school, and really I say I only 'truely' play once a week now.. stuffs just been to much to play games..

~JJ (Enafa)
Back to top Go down
MoMo
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
MoMo

Female
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 pm

well once i fix my laptop i guess i could give maple story a try...and guild wars (guilded or guild?) anyway hope to find a game that we can all play, or want to play =/
Back to top Go down
*Tio*
Forum Berserker
Forum Berserker
*Tio*

Female
Number of posts : 148

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:37 am

well i have a maplestory acount but i bet im on a dif world im in bera lvl 64 firemage i think what world are you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pammy_tio
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:45 am

Well that's when we're in a pickle when it comes to you Tio. We're off in Scania and I'd hate for you to start over since you're already lvl 64. =( And us doing a character transfer would stink since we wouldn't be able to drag along mules and would only be permitted to take 1mil with us.

As for Enafa and MoMo thinking of giving MS a try, yay! -Gives them both oreos.- Now if we can only convince Kat to come along to MS too. =3 I got the rope and duct tape. <3 Though, if you two really decide to try out MS, just give us a heads up so we can guide you through it, and help you with your character's statistic build before you create them. If things go well we can try creating a guild for ourselves, and the plus side of MS guilds is that the head can appoint multiple people to be Jr. leaders, meaning they can recruit others as well, and appoint rankings.

It's also understandable that some of you won't be able to purchase Guild Wars since it does have a price range of 30-40$. Though you can get cheap copies of it online through Ebay. >_> Lol.

Anywho, I'll post some information of all the classes on MS under announcements. ^^
Back to top Go down
*Tio*
Forum Berserker
Forum Berserker
*Tio*

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:59 pm

yeah its too bad you guys cant come over buying a uber item then selling it again works for money transfer but its alot of effort i would but i have two full mules and 20mil in cash and stuff besides Scania is the most crowded world its hard as hell to play on it we could make new charas on a new world and start all together that would cut down our lag have all of us play together and all be on the same footing no one miles ahead of the other and we'd still have our other charas if we wanted to play them
Back to top Go down
Enafa
Forum Knight
Forum Knight
Enafa

Male

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:15 pm

OO... so I am going to join X's world thingy mc bobber... so uh.. (Wants to be the archer ppl) >< so help me xD..
Back to top Go down
monkeylover789
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Ill be trying out MapleStory! Its just so lonely without you and Ari T.T Besides, Ive come to agree with your despise for nos. First of all, The GM's are shit >Sad They run around going "Haha, Im lvl 99 and I didnt have to work! Haha, losers, we control you.....haha!" And then, the exp sucks...."Woot I leveled! TS 50 awaits...-10 mins later- AWW I HAVE TO LEVEL AGAIN??" Ya, and being a mage sucks....Takes us an hour to walk from mimi to eva -.- and the fact that its hard for use to go on alone...Oh, and nosmall...."Go buy things from nosmall kiddies! Go give away $50 and get some numbers on your screen. Get double exp for a few hours and look, we have $50 and what do you have? NUMBERS!" Sailor Moon Sailor moon is cool....
Back to top Go down
Enafa
Forum Knight
Forum Knight
Enafa

Male

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 pm

xD funny words >< lol I sound so retarted..
Back to top Go down
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
yeah its too bad you guys cant come over buying a uber item then selling it again works for money transfer but its alot of effort i would but i have two full mules and 20mil in cash and stuff besides Scania is the most crowded world its hard as hell to play on it we could make new charas on a new world and start all together that would cut down our lag have all of us play together and all be on the same footing no one miles ahead of the other and we'd still have our other charas if we wanted to play them

I think I'd go nuts if I had to restart on another server. Arith and I just have too much to lose, if we were to restart. First and foremost, we'd be dirt poor and we'd have no materials to make ANYTHING. Besides that the time and effort we spent looking for decent EQs, since we only resort to buying them only if we have no choice, ALL those quests we've done on the characters we have (we practically have one of each job) , and the time it took us to level. We got to LVL 60, without any 2xp events and barely any PQs. Besides that, we wouldn't be of much help to anyone else that started out since we'd be on the same boat. We couldn't really rush them through any PQs efficiently and I don't feel like paying NX to get a hair change again. >_>

As for the lag problem, that's certainly not an issue anymore. I think with so many servers now, the population has spread out a bit. Barely anyone is on during the weekdays, and not a lot of people are on the weekends either. I have a piece of crap CPU and it's lag-less for me.

Quote :
OO... so I am going to join X's world thingy mc bobber... so uh.. (Wants to be the archer ppl) >< so help me xD..

Just IM me on yahoo to let me know when you're on. Arith and I will make newblets to rush you out of Maple Island.
Back to top Go down
*Tio*
Forum Berserker
Forum Berserker
*Tio*

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:56 pm

well i guess me and my friends cant play with you guys me gun and a few of my friends all play bera just one person short of making a guild too oh well you guys have fun and we need to make a convo sometime
Back to top Go down
robeygirl_mcda
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
robeygirl_mcda

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 am

i'm kind of busy at the moment with acts...but after..i'll see if i like maple story..everyone talks badly about it though
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mcdadais
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:26 am

Quote :
i'm kind of busy at the moment with acts...but after..i'll see if i like maple story..everyone talks badly about it though

Well it's not really that bad, its just if you're the social type it's best that you have your own group of friends, like on any game, to play with.
Back to top Go down
MoMo
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
MoMo

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:23 am

ill download maple today and let u guys kno where to find me or whatever lol
Back to top Go down
Enafa
Forum Knight
Forum Knight
Enafa

Male

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:19 am

X!?! Yea.. we gonna join.. er.. the thingy world object thing on maplestory xD... so get back to me... perferably on Yahoo Messenger.. or in game, on Enafa >< xD ttyl
Back to top Go down
monkeylover789
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:48 pm

MapleStory is really cool everyone! Except, make sure you have Xri or Arith help you out >< Ive died alot because I thought I could go without their help O_O
Back to top Go down
MoMo
Forum Ninja
Forum Ninja
MoMo

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:31 pm

well i downloaded the game and am in Scania. just IM me on yahoo me when u guys r on and ill get on
Back to top Go down
Arithalon
Forum God
Forum God
Arithalon

Male

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:20 am

MoMo, what is your character's name? I'll add you to my buddy list so that you can talk to me when you get on.
Back to top Go down
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:33 am

We have the same names on Maple, er well Arith's is slightly different. ^^

Arith = Arithelon
Me = Xriadne
Monkey = HalfNHalf914
Tio = 0Tio0

Not sure about Enafa. =3
Back to top Go down
Mountain
Forum Berserker
Forum Berserker

Number of posts : 131

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:55 am

lol, just found out I can't even play Maple with you guys since I live in Europe -.-'
I'd have to play the European version =/
Back to top Go down
Arithalon
Forum God
Forum God
Arithalon

Male

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Nah I'm sure it's possible to play Maple, Tio plays on Global and she lives in Europe too. Not to mention at one time we played a version that was supposed to be for people that lived in Southern Asia. <_< Just try searching Maple Global or "Nexon" (the company that owns Global)
Back to top Go down
Mountain
Forum Berserker
Forum Berserker

Number of posts : 131

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I've already tried >.< A message comes up saying 'It looks like you're logging on from Europe. Would you like to visit the MapleStory Europe version?' Then when I click no it says, 'The Global Service of MapleStory is no longer accepting new users from outside North America. (Users with an existing account can still play the game)
If you want to check out MapleStory from other regions, please visit www.maplestory.com'
That’s it =/
Tio has an 'existing account', that's why she can still play . . .
Sorry guys, I can't follow you Sad
Back to top Go down
Xriadne
Forum Goddess
Forum Goddess
Xriadne

Female

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Well that's not a problem. We can try making an account for you, and I'm sure you can play it since it'd be an account made in North America. =3 Just give us the login id that you'd like to use, and we'll make up a random password. You'll be able to edit it, and change whatever you like afterwards. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maple Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maple Story   Maple Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maple Story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next